Gluten-Free Zucchini-Bacon Egg Muffins
by Kate Morin
These easy, make-ahead muffins are perfect for those mornings when you wake up a little too late (and have a meeting in, oh, about 20 minutes). Store them in the fridge for on-the-go, protein-packed deliciousness all week long. Just microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Oil or cooking spray
- 6 slices bacon
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1 large zucchini, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Protein7 g
- Carbs2 g
- Fiber0 g
- Sugars1 g
- Sodium154 mg
- Fat10 g
- Saturated3 g
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Liberally grease a muffin tin with oil or cooking spray.
- In a small frying pan, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to collect the excess fat and let cool. Chop into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until evenly combined. Add milk and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini, cheese (if using), and chopped bacon. Stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin cups almost all the way full. Bake until cooked through and lightly golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.