As helpful as meal prep can be to keep you on track during the week — especially when you’re on a low-carb diet — eating the same things week after week can grow stale. If you’re always on the hunt for ideas, you’re in luck, because we’ve rounded up low-carb dinner recipes that are packed with satiating protein and a variety of fresh vegetables, and will help set you up for the week.
BBQ Meatloaf Meal Prep Bowls
Keyword: beef, meal prep
BBQ Meatloaf Meal Prep Bowls are an easy lunch idea that you are going to be so excited to eat! With cajun mashed sweet potatoes, steamed green beans, and mini BBQ meatloaves.
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 35 mins
Cajun Sweet Potato Mas
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium; scrubbed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
Mini BBQ Meatloaves
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (divided; look for lowest sugar option)
- 12 oz green beans (washed, ends trimmed if you prefer)
- Cook sweet potatoes your favorite way. I like using the Instant Pot (see this post for Instant Pot cook times)
- When cooked through, remove skins and mash the sweet potatoes with salt, cajun seasoning and butter.
BBQ Mini Meatloaves
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce, salt and 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce.
- Spray 8 cavities of large-sized muffin tray with oil, then spoon the meatloaf mixture into the muffin cavity. Press gently so it forms a muffin shape.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spread the remaining 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce on the top of the meatloaf muffins, then return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Steam in a covered dish in the microwave for 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
Meal prep bowls
- Divide all ingredients between four meal prep containers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To serve- Reheat until steaming hot.
Serving: 1 bowl | Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1024mg | Potassium: 926mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 10280IU | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 4.9mg